NorthStar is looking for a Survey Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone that wants to live in the North State and is attracted to a values-driven organization that places the collective priorities and needs of the team ahead of the individual. Therefore, cooperative behavior is a must, as is commitment, reliability, and initiative. We are looking for candidates who value community engagement, superior client service, and a lifetime of learning, with the opportunity for advancement in a challenging and professional work environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years field and office experience in Land Surveying for a variety of residential, commercial, and municipal projects. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Provide surveying and mapping support for various engineering and surveying projects;
- Perform routine work as a member or chief of a survey party utilizing state of the art conventional, robotic and GNSS instruments;
- Make and interpret routine survey calculations, including construction staking calculations;
- Analyze, check, and adjust survey data;
- Research survey records;
- Prepare maps, plats, exhibits and topographic surveys.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years experience in field and office land surveying related to residential, commercial and municipal development.
- Ability to interpret maps and perform calculations, including construction staking calculations, utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3d.
- A basic working knowledge of conventional and GNSS surveying instruments and data collection.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Good organizational skills, communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- A clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
Additional Desirable Certifications and Experience
- California Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) certification.
- Working knowledge of Spectra Precision Survey Pro software.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS.
Submit a cover letter and resume in person or by e-mail to:
111 Mission Ranch Blvd., Ste 100, Chico, CA, 95926
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Equal Opportunity Employer